Data Provision, Bayanati
For over 20 years, the IBS has collected financial data for all Kuwait Stock Exchange-listed companies. By applying our own classification to corporate balance sheets and income statements, the IBS has enhanced the ability of the users of its reports to analyze and compare companies.
During 2015/2016, we launched a new data service, Bayanati, which makes this data available to users online. During the year 2016-2017, a new enhancement was added to Bayanati to include quarterly data as well as annual data for all sectors of companies listed on the Kuwait Stock Exchange. Data analysis functions were also added. Finally, the provision advertisements was also added on the Bayanati page.
We believe that Bayanati is one of Kuwait’s leading online sources of financial data, and will be an indispensable tool for anyone analyzing corporate Kuwait.
The main features of this data tool are:
- Over 20 years of financial data covering all Kuwaiti stock exchange-listed companies, and the largest GCC banks.
- Easy access to the online database, with a unique password for each subscribing institution.
- Easy export and download of data into a variety of formats, including Microsoft Excel.
- Continuously updated to reflect the most recent corporate data releases.
- Ratio analysis for easy benchmarking.
- English and Arabic, including full definition of terms.
- Data quality and coverage of the highest standard.
The IBS prepares research studies on a variety of banking and economic topics of relevance to the banking community. This year we have produced three reports:
- Enhancing Kuwaiti Banks’ Financial Disclosures
- Analyzing Listed Kuwait: Growth Outlook for Corporate and Investment Banking.
- Financial Inclusion and Financial literacy in Kuwait.
- Financial Regulation Tracker: IBS Financial Regulation Tracker offers a convenient resource on regulatory developments across the financial services industry in Kuwait. It helps those keeping track of the current regulations to monitor regulators’ activities on a quarterly basis. It provides a brief description in both English and Arabic of each decision that was issued during the period, with a link to the original source.
- Edaat: A bulletin published in Arabic using non specialized language to address topics of interest to the general public. The ninth series of the bulletin published in 2016-2017 covered Companies Law in Kuwait, Arab Monetary Fund, Kuwait Currency, FATCA, Capital Markets Authority and Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development. These and previous bulletins are available on the IBS web page.